Friday, October 5, 2012

October 5th: Forbidden Colours

10.5.12 update | What has Black Tape For A Blue Girl been up to the last 10 months? I've been slowly working on the video for the track "Marmalade Cat (Milly Mix)." Mostly, I've been busy with other things: designing and releasing a lot of other great artists at Projekt, hanging out with my son, and a new secret project that I will announce soon.

However, there's a new song out! I finished Black Tape For A Blue Girl's contribution to the 2012 Projekt Holiday CD, Ornamental. It's a cover of "Forbidden Colours" by David Sylvian / Ryuichi Sakamoto. Remember that one? (watch the original video at youTube"Forbidden Colours" is the closing theme from the 1985 David Bowie
/ Ryuichi Sakamoto 
film, Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence.

Our song is a lush, neo-classical track in the vein of the Remnants of a Deeper Purity album, with cello from Unwoman and vocals by Athan Maroulis. It's quite different from our recent 10 Neurotics album, I think this will be a pleasant surprise for fans of the mid-era albums.

Projekt's 2-CD Ornamental Xmas album is available and will soon be out on iTunes as well.

The most recent track in the vein of 10 Neurotics can be found on The Rope 25, the 2-cd re-release of the our debut. We re-recorded "Memory, Uncaring Friend" with Athan on vocals, and Brian on guitar and drums. It is a great version. You can buy this song on it's own at iTunes, it's the the first song here.

My 1985 vinyl solo release Tanzmusik, got a vinyl re-release in September on Italy's Mannequin Records. I am told this album is a classic in the Minimal Synth genre. Who knew!!! I re-mixed the album, re-created the cover, and put together a great reissue. There will be a limited edition vinyl version (with glued cards like the original release), and a digital version, and eventually a CD-version as well. Exciting stuff!


My copies of Tanzmusik are "in the mail." Which means whenever they get here, I will put them on sale at the Projekt website.

Talk with you soon, Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment