Friday, January 30, 2015

Pledge! How to make a difference in 2015.

Black Tape For A Blue Girl's Patreon

Pledge your support at Patreon, get all access to new music as I create it.

We had a great first week at Patreon, meeting the ÜBER EARLY ADOPTERS Milestone goal of $300 pledged per month. Forty-two incredibly cool people pledged to help support me get back to being an artist. I wrote a blog earlier in the week about the changes in the music industry and how crowdfunding is a potential solution to compensate artists for their creation.

Of course, I'm not talking "artists" in the abstract, I'm specifically talking about my music as Black Tape For A Blue Girl.

Something I love about crowdfunding is meeting fans of my music, fans I didn't know were out there. Antony is a graphic artist; I happened upon him this week when he tweeted about listening to one of my songs. I got in touch and learned about his decades-spanning love of my music. It feels great to read that. Antony wrote something, which I'd love to share with you:

The music you made with BlackTape, especially in the 'classic' Chaos / Garden / Remnants era, has been part of the soundtrack to my life for the past 20 years. As a creator myself, I know how hard the current climate can be, so it's my pleasure to support the Patreon campaign. The new music excerpt 'Please Don't Go' is lovely — more of that, please! Reminds me of dark nights, driving home from those early Whitby goth weekends in the late '90s..."
-- Antony Johnston (writer of Umbral, Spooked, and Dead Space)

Support us in creating passionate, introspective music. Watch the video and pledge at Patreon.             

No comments:

Post a Comment