Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Remnants of a deeper purity update (video!)


watch a 2 minute videoblog update on the deluxe 2-lp vinyl edition of remnants of a deeper purity at youtube. or read the text at kickstarter.

did you miss out on getting involved in the kickstarter? don't worry, we have some copies of the vinyl available for pre-order at the projekt webstore. and the bandcamp page has been updated with the remastered version of disc one. it sounds really warm and rich; quite a bit nicer than the original mastering i did back in 1996. Thanks for your support. - Sam

Here's the text:

I'd say if all goes well, we're six weeks out from having the finished vinyl in our hands and ready to send out to you. I've sent in all the audio files, the cover files, the label files, the stickers that go on the outside. And I already have back the CD that's going inside it, which is the remastered version. So you can listen to the CD if you don't have the ability to play the records.

I have back the booklets too. And here it is, the booklet that's going inside the jacket. It's massive. It's really cool. Let me show you one page here. That's the inside cover spread, you probably remember it from the CD, but now it's eleven inches square. These are done and look really nice (sniff sniff), and they smell really good because they have a ton of ink on them because the coverage is really solid.

On the vinyl itself, I've received one set of test pressings, but they had some technical problems so they have to redo them. I'm getting another set next week and hopefully those will be cool so they can begin the actual pressing on the colored vinyl.

Then all the pieces come to me and I'm going to put them together and then we're going to ship them out to you. And if it all goes well, like I said six weeks, that would be wonderful: to get this all to you.


There's also this cool CD coming up, it's Projekt's three hundredth release, called redefine my pure faith, which is All my faith lost… doing covers of Black Tape For A Blue Girl's songs. They're an Italian band, sort of ethereal, heavenly voices; they've chosen six songs to cover, two of which are off Remnants of a deeper purity. And it's going to be available at the same time (early Aprili-sh), so you'll be hearing more about that really soon.

I guess that's where we're at right now, that's a really quick update. I want to thank you all for having Kickstarted the release, for making it happen. And for keeping up on what's going on. Thank you so much for your support in all of this. Bye Bye…

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment